High-income clients able to fund Roth IRAs?
Posted by William Byrnes on May 27, 2014
Roth IRAs usually do not make it into a higher-income client’s retirement planning playbook. The income limits set in place even prevent many upper-middle class clients from contributing to a Roth.
These limits do, in fact, block clients with earnings above the annual threshold level from contributing to a Roth directly, but there is an alternative route to Roths for high-income clients looking to minimize their tax burden in retirement.
Read >Roths for high earners: the strategy < !
Authoritative and easy-to-use, 2014 Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits shows you how the tax law and regulations are relevant to your insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning practices. Often complex tax law and regulations are explained in clear, understandable language. Pertinent planning points are provided throughout.
Organized in a convenient Q&A format to speed you to the information you need, 2014 Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits delivers the latest guidance on:
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Roth IRAs
- Capital Gains, Qualifying Dividends
- Non-qualified Deferred Compensation Under IRC Section 409A
- And much more!
Key updates for 2014:
- Important federal income and estate tax developments impacting insurance and employee benefits including changes from the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Concise updated explanation and highlights of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Expanded coverage of Annuities
- New section on Structured Settlements
- New section on International Tax
- More than thirty new Planning Points, written by practitioners for practitioners, in the following areas:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Deferred Compensation
- Individual Retirement Plans
Plus, you’re kept up-to-date with online supplements for critical developments. Written and reviewed by practicing professionals who are subject matter experts in their respective topics, Tax Facts is the practical resource you can rely on.