Learn About the Federal Tax System
Posted by William Byrnes on October 6, 2014
Want to learn about the federal tax system?
Did you know there’s a free, online program to help teachers and students learn the “hows” and “whys” of taxes? The IRS calls it “Understanding Taxes.” It was designed by the IRS and teachers to make learning about federal taxes as easy as A-B-C.
- Accessible (web-based)
- Brings learning to life
Here are six more reasons to check out the Understanding Taxes program:
1. There are thirty-nine easy, relevant and fun lessons available 24/7.
2. A student can quickly look through the program and skip around.
3. A series of tax tutorials guides through the basics of tax preparation. Another feature is a chance to test knowledge through tax trivia. There’s also a glossary of tax terms.
4. Teachers can customize the interactive program. It’s easy to add to a school’s curriculum.
5. No need to register or login to use the program.
6. The program is a great way to learn about the history and theory of taxes in the USA.
IRS YouTube Videos: