Client’s Seeking Market Value Adjusted Annuities
Posted by William Byrnes on March 16, 2014
As clients have begun to feel the shifting winds with respect to the general economy, the annuity market is now undergoing its own type of evolution. While products that tie fluctuations in an annuity’s cash surrender value to prevailing market interest rates may have seemed unacceptably risky to most clients just a few months ago, changes in today’s interest rate environment now have clients flocking to find these features.
Annuities with market value adjustment (MVA) features may be the next hot product for clients looking to beat the return on other conservative investment products, so make sure you are ready for this emerging product trend.
Read the full analysis of Professor William Byrnes and Robert Bloink at Think Advisor !
Authoritative and easy-to-use, 2014 Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits shows you how the tax law and regulations are relevant to your insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning practices. Often complex tax law and regulations are explained in clear, understandable language. Pertinent planning points are provided throughout.
Organized in a convenient Q&A format to speed you to the information you need, 2014 Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits delivers the latest guidance on:
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Roth IRAs
- Capital Gains, Qualifying Dividends
- Non-qualified Deferred Compensation Under IRC Section 409A
- And much more!
Key updates for 2014:
- Important federal income and estate tax developments impacting insurance and employee benefits including changes from the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Concise updated explanation and highlights of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Expanded coverage of Annuities
- New section on Structured Settlements
- New section on International Tax
- More than thirty new Planning Points, written by practitioners for practitioners, in the following areas:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Deferred Compensation
- Individual Retirement Plans
Plus, you’re kept up-to-date with online supplements for critical developments. Written and reviewed by practicing professionals who are subject matter experts in their respective topics, Tax Facts is the practical resource you can rely on.